The number of neutrons accompanying the formation of 54Xe139 and 38Sr94 from the absorption of a slow neutron by 92U235, followed by nuclear fission is __________________?
An ideal coolant for a nuclear reactor should ________________?
Heavy water is preferred over ordinary water as a coolant, because it?
Primary purpose of a ____________ nuclear reactor is to supply a high neutron flux of the order of 1013 to 1014neutrons/cm2 second?
Fast breeder nuclear reactors using enriched uranium as fuel may contain upto a maximum of ____________ percent of U-235 (i.e. fissile material)?
Water is a better coolant than a gas (like CO2, He, N2 etc.), because it_________________?
Fuel for a nuclear reactor (thermal) is___________________?
A heterogeneous reactor is the one, in which the moderator and the________________?
The half life period of a radioactive substance is best determined by counting the number of alpha particles emitted per second in a Geiger Muller counter from its known quantity. If the half life period of a radioactive substance is one month, then____________?
Liquid metal (e.g., molten sodium) is preferred as a coolant in case of a/an ______________ reactor?
Read More Section(Chemical Engineering Mcqs)
Each Section contains maximum 70 questions. To get more questions visit other sections.
- Chemical Engineering Basics Mcqs - (767)
- Chemical Environmental Engineering Mcqs - (273)
- Chemical Heat Transfer Mcqs - (504)
- Chemical Process Mcqs - (633)
- Chemical Reaction Mcqs - (471)
- Fertilizer Technology Mcqs - Chemical - (193)
- Fluid Mechanics Mcqs for Chemical - (743)
- Fuels & Combustion Mcqs for Chemical - (480)
- Furnace Technology Mcqs for Chemical - (139)
- Mass Transfer Mcqs for Chemical - (687)
- Materials & Construction Mcqs for Chemical - (490)
- Mechanical Operations Mcqs for Chemical - (445)
- Nuclear Power Engineering Mcqs for Chemical - (203)
- Petroleum Refinery Engineering Mcqs for Chemical - (316)
- Plant-Economics Mcqs for Chemical - (92)
- Polymer Technology Mcqs for Chemical - (284)
- Process Control & Instrumentation Mcqs for Chemical - (320)
- Process Equipment & Plant Design Mcqs for Chemical - (368)
- Refractory Technology Mcqs for Chemical - (218)
- Stoichiometry Mcqs for Chemical - (382)
- Thermodynamics for Chemical Mcqs - (507)