If the thickness of thinnest outside plate is 10 mm, then the maximum pitch of rivets in tension will be taken as______________?
When the axis of load lies in the plane of rivet group, then the rivets are subjected to________________?
Bending compressive and tensile stresses respectively are calculated based on_________________?
When the axis of load lies in the plane of rivet group, then the most heavily loaded rivet will be the one which________________?
The difference between gross diameter and nominal diameter for the rivets up to 25 mm diameter is__________________?
If the thickness of plate to be connected by a rivet is 16 mm, then suitable size of rivet as per Unwin’s formula will be__________________?
The heaviest I-section for same depth is_________________?
Which of the following types of riveted joint is free from bending stresses ?
In a gusseted base, when the end of the column is machined for complete bearing on the base plate, then the axial load is assumed to be transferred to base plate__________________?
By providing sufficient edge distance, which of the following failures of riveted joint can be avoided ?
Read More Section(Civil Engineering Mcqs)
Each Section contains maximum 70 questions. To get more questions visit other sections.
- Airport Engineering Mcqs - (41)
- Applied Mechanics & Graphic Statics Mcqs - (119)
- Building Materials & Construction Mcqs - (150)
- Construction Planning & Management Mcqs - (87)
- Design of Concrete Structures Mcqs - (136)
- Design of Masonry Structures Mcqs - (41)
- Design of Steel Structures Mcqs - (110)
- Dock & Harbor Engineering Mcqs - (35)
- Elements of Remote Sensing Mcqs - (67)
- Engineering Economy Mcqs - (198)
- Environmental Engineering Mcqs - (147)
- Estimating & Costing Mcqs - (88)
- Fluid Mechanics Mcqs - (97)
- Highway Engineering Mcqs - (129)
- Hydraulics & Fluid Mechanics Mcqs - (212)
- Irrigation, Water Resources Engineering & Hydrology Mcqs - (136)
- Railway Engineering Mcqs - (109)
- RCC Structures Design Mcqs - (227)
- Soil Mechanics & Foundation Engineering Mcqs - (117)
- Strength of Materials Mcqs - (98)
- Structural Analysis Mcqs - (53)
- Structural Design Specifications Mcqs - (8)
- Surveying Mcqs - (100)
- Theory of Structures Mcqs - (163)
- Tunnel Engineering Mcqs - (26)
- Waste Water Engineering Mcqs - (314)