Assume that a Big Mac hamburger cost $3 in the United States 2 pesos in Mexico The implied purchasing power parity exchange rate between the peso and the dollar is ?
Due to Japan’s high saving rate, suppose that the Japanese invest abroad. This investment may result in a/an _______ of the Japanese yen and therefore a for Japan?
Assume identical interest rates on comparable securities in the United States and foreign countries. Suppose investors anticipate that in the future the U.S dollar will depreciate against foreign currencies. investment funds would tend to ?
Starting from a position where the nation’s money demand equals the money supply and its balance of payments is in equilibrium its balance of payments would move into a surplus position if there occurred in the nation a (an) ?
Which example of market expectations causes the dollar to appreciate against the yen– expectations that the U.S economy will have ?
Given a system of floating exchange rates falling income in the United States would trigger a (an) ?
For the United States suppose the annual interest rate on government securities equals 12 percent while the annual inflation rate equals 8 percent For Japan the annual interest rate on government securities equals 10 percent while the annual inflation rate equals 5 percent the above variables would cause investment funds to flow from ?
If Japan runs current account deficit and exchange rates are floating?
Suppose Canada and Switzerland were the only two countries in the world There exists an excess supply of Swiss francs on the foreign exchange market This suggests that ?
When the price of foreign currency (the exchange rate) is above the equilibrium level ?
Read More Section(Economics Mcqs)
Each Section contains maximum 70 questions. To get more questions visit other sections.
- Aggregate Supply, Unemployment & Inflation Mcqs - (45)
- Agriculture & Irrigation System of Pakistan Mcqs - (130)
- Alternative Theories of the Firm Mcqs - (20)
- Applied Microeconomics Mcqs - (20)
- Asymmetric Information & Trade Policies for the Developing Nations Mcqs - (57)
- Average & Total Cost, Application of Economics & Income Inequality Mcqs - (82)
- Balance of Payments, Aid & Foreign Investment Mcqs - (19)
- Basic of Economics Mcqs - (434)
- Budget Deficits & The Trade Balance Mcqs - (19)
- Capital Formation, Investment Choice, Information Technology & Technical Progress Mcqs - (15)
- Characteristics & Institutions of Developing Countries Mcqs - (24)
- Consumer Theory vs Real Consumers Mcqs - (20)
- Costs , Supply & Perfect Competition Mcqs - (50)
- Development Planning & Policy-making the State & the Market Mcqs - (18)
- Economic Development in Historical Perspective Mcqs - (17)
- Economic Problems of Developing Countries Mcqs - (20)
- Education, Health & Human Capital Mcqs - (14)
- Elasticity Mcqs for Economics - (19)
- Employment, Migration & Urbanization Mcqs - (18)
- Entrepreneurship, Organization & Innovation Mcqs - (12)
- Exchange-Rate Determination Mcqs - (38)
- Exchange-Rate Systems & Currency Crises Mcqs - (10)
- Externality & Internality Mcqs - (20)
- Foreign Exchange Mcqs for Economics - (44)
- Foundations of Modern Trade Theory Mcqs - (46)
- Global Economic Development Mcqs - (10)
- Inflation & Productivity Mcqs for Economics - (24)
- International Factor Movements & Multinational Corporations Mcqs - (17)
- Introduction To Economics Mcqs - (72)
- Long Term Economic Growth Mcqs - (30)
- Macroeconomic Issues & Analysis Mcqs - (75)
- Macroeconomic Policy Tools - (18)
- Market & Non-Tariff Trade Barriers Mcqs - (136)
- Markets, Efficiency & The Public Interest Mcqs - (168)
- Miscellaneous Economics Mcqs - (1348)
- Monetary Union, Fiscal & Monetary Policy Mcqs - (39)
- Monetary, Fiscal & Incomes Policy, & Inflation Mcqs - (16)
- Money, Interest Rates & Output Mcqs - (73)
- Monopoly Mcqs for Economics - (35)
- Monopoly, Competition & Labour Market Mcqs - (54)
- Natural Resources & the Environment Toward Sustainable Development Mcqs - (44)
- Oligopoly Mcqs for Economics - (24)
- Population & Development Mcqs - (62)
- Poverty, Malnutrition, & Income Inequality Mcqs - (12)
- Prices, Wages & Taxes Mcqs - (19)
- Production Factors Mcqs for Economics - (16)
- Profit Maximizing Under Perfect Competition & Monopoly Mcqs - (60)
- Public Goods, Human Capital & Comparative GDP Mcqs - (82)
- Regional Trading Arrangements Mcqs - (29)
- Risks & Diversification & Efficient Market Hypothesis Mcqs - (18)
- Roots of Modern Macroeconomics Mcqs - (20)
- Rural Poverty & Agricultural Transformation Mcqs - (15)
- Stabilization, Adjustment, Reform & Privatization Mcqs - (19)
- Stocks & Surplus Economics Mcqs - (40)
- Supply & Demand Mcqs - (81)
- Supply-Side Policies & Sources of Comparative Advantage Mcqs - (53)
- Tariffs & Industrial Development Mcqs - (59)
- The Aggregate Demand Aggregate Supply Model Mcqs - (20)
- The Balance of Payments & The National Economy Mcqs - (83)
- The External Debt & Financial Crises Mcqs - (19)
- The International Economy And Globalization Mcqs - (66)
- The Meaning & Measurement of Economic Development Mcqs - (36)
- The Phillips Curve & Taxation Mcqs - (52)
- Theories of Economic Development Mcqs - (23)
- Trade Regulations And Industrial Policies Mcqs - (27)
- World Economy (Miscellaneous) - (191)