‘Picture must not be too picturesque’. Emerson here means pictures must_______________?
“He glanced with rapid eyes_____________ they looked like frightened beads”. The figure of speech used here is ?
What is Augustine St. Clare’s selfish wife’s name ?
Parker’s report to Margaret is_________________?
Thoreau scales humans down to the size of ants in order to____________________?
We associate John Winthrop with what colonial Settlement ?
What statement below best sums up the literary significance of Thoreau ?
According to the sign in the Kentucky Inn, what is branded to George’s right hand ?
The poem by Berryman has a sad and depressed tone about it and it foreshadows the_____________?
Usher can only stand types of noises in his acutely uncomfortable state. The narrator describes a number of impromptus that Usher plays for him on which instrument ?
Read More Section(English Literature Mcqs)
Each Section contains maximum 70 questions. To get more questions visit other sections.
- African-American Literature Mcqs - (100)
- Ages, era, period - English Literature Mcqs - (462)
- American Literature Mcqs - (335)
- Cultural & Literary 18th-19th Centuries Mcqs - (98)
- Cultural & Literary English Renaissance Mcqs - (94)
- Cultural & Literary in Modernity Mcqs - (98)
- English Romantic Poetry Mcqs - (99)
- Famous playwright, poet & others Mcqs - (937)
- Introduction to Literary Studies Mcqs - (100)
- Introduction to Literary Theory Mcqs - (22)
- Language & Linguistics Mcqs - (213)
- Literary Theory & Criticism Mcqs - (231)
- Medieval Literature & Culture Mcqs - (196)
- Miscellaneous Literature Mcqs - (323)
- Modern Poetry & Poetics Mcqs - (98)
- The Gothic Novel Mcqs - (99)