Which of the following statements best describes the “Great Chain of Being” ?
Fill in the blank. Renaissance thinkers strongly associated themselves with the values of ____________?
Greek theatre took place where ?
The character of Falstaff is important in which play(s) by William Shakespeare ?
Which of the following figures was an important political theorist of the Renaissance ?
A total of how many sonnets constitute the entirety of “Astrophil and Stella” ?
Which of the following plays by William Shakespeare is a comedy ?
According to John Milton’s “Paradise Lost,” what is Satan’s tragic flaw ?
Fill in the blank. The intellectual and social movement which historians call “___________” is what lies at the base of the period we call the Renaissance ?
Fill in the blank. Sir Philip Sidney’s strong_____________ convictions made him publicly oppose a projected marriage for Queen Elizabeth?
Read More Section(English Literature Mcqs)
Each Section contains maximum 70 questions. To get more questions visit other sections.
- African-American Literature Mcqs - (100)
- Ages, era, period - English Literature Mcqs - (462)
- American Literature Mcqs - (335)
- Cultural & Literary 18th-19th Centuries Mcqs - (98)
- Cultural & Literary English Renaissance Mcqs - (94)
- Cultural & Literary in Modernity Mcqs - (98)
- English Romantic Poetry Mcqs - (99)
- Famous playwright, poet & others Mcqs - (937)
- Introduction to Literary Studies Mcqs - (100)
- Introduction to Literary Theory Mcqs - (22)
- Language & Linguistics Mcqs - (213)
- Literary Theory & Criticism Mcqs - (231)
- Medieval Literature & Culture Mcqs - (196)
- Miscellaneous Literature Mcqs - (323)
- Modern Poetry & Poetics Mcqs - (98)
- The Gothic Novel Mcqs - (99)