Detractors argue that such an approach can be too “judgmental.” Some believe literature should be judged primarily (if not solely) on its artistic merits. What approach possess this disadvantage ?
Modern literary theory began with the work of which theorist ?
One archetype in literature is the scapegoat. Which of these literary characters serves that purpose ?
How does New Historicism differ from traditional historicism ?
Plato used the word mimesis in relation to literature with the meaning ?
What is the main function of postcolonial criticism ?
What approach is described by the paragraph? Users of this approach believe that all information essential to the interpretation of a work must be found within the work itself; there is no need to bring in outside information about the history, politics, or society of the time, or about the author’s life ?
Who proposed that poets should be banished from the ideal Republic ?
What does gynocriticism recommend as an approach to literature ?
Horace was a_____________?
Read More Section(English Literature Mcqs)
Each Section contains maximum 70 questions. To get more questions visit other sections.
- African-American Literature Mcqs - (100)
- Ages, era, period - English Literature Mcqs - (462)
- American Literature Mcqs - (335)
- Cultural & Literary 18th-19th Centuries Mcqs - (98)
- Cultural & Literary English Renaissance Mcqs - (94)
- Cultural & Literary in Modernity Mcqs - (98)
- English Romantic Poetry Mcqs - (99)
- Famous playwright, poet & others Mcqs - (937)
- Introduction to Literary Studies Mcqs - (100)
- Introduction to Literary Theory Mcqs - (22)
- Language & Linguistics Mcqs - (213)
- Literary Theory & Criticism Mcqs - (231)
- Medieval Literature & Culture Mcqs - (196)
- Miscellaneous Literature Mcqs - (323)
- Modern Poetry & Poetics Mcqs - (98)
- The Gothic Novel Mcqs - (99)