The Gothic novel was intended to have which of the following effects on the reader ?
In “Dracula” what is the significance of the typewriter ?
Based on your readings for the course, which of the following best states how critics often interpret the dead hand in “The Castle of Otranto” ?
In what century and in what literary era was the first Gothic novel written ?
How does Lewis portray the Catholic confessional in “The Monk”?
In “The Yellow Wallpaper” what does Gilman suggest about madness ?
Which character best represents the concept of terror versus that of horror in Lewis’s “The Monk” ?
Why does Radcliffe favor the term “romance” as the subtitle to “The Mysteries of Udolpho” ?
What is Strawberry Hill ?
When Mary Shelley writes about ghosts, what is her concern ?
Read More Section(English Literature Mcqs)
Each Section contains maximum 70 questions. To get more questions visit other sections.
- African-American Literature Mcqs - (100)
- Ages, era, period - English Literature Mcqs - (462)
- American Literature Mcqs - (335)
- Cultural & Literary 18th-19th Centuries Mcqs - (98)
- Cultural & Literary English Renaissance Mcqs - (94)
- Cultural & Literary in Modernity Mcqs - (98)
- English Romantic Poetry Mcqs - (99)
- Famous playwright, poet & others Mcqs - (937)
- Introduction to Literary Studies Mcqs - (100)
- Introduction to Literary Theory Mcqs - (22)
- Language & Linguistics Mcqs - (213)
- Literary Theory & Criticism Mcqs - (231)
- Medieval Literature & Culture Mcqs - (196)
- Miscellaneous Literature Mcqs - (323)
- Modern Poetry & Poetics Mcqs - (98)
- The Gothic Novel Mcqs - (99)