In a mixture of milk and water, the proportion of milk by weight was 80%. If, in a 180 gm mixture, 36 gms of pure milk is added, what would be the percentage of milk in the mixture formed?
In a can, there is a mixture of milk and water in the ratio 4 : 5. If it is filled with an additional 8 litres of milk the can would be full and ratio of milk and water would become 6 : 5. Find the capacity of the can?
n what ratio should a variety of rice costing Rs. 6 per kg be mixed with another variety of rice costing Rs. 8.75 per kg to obtain a mixture costing Rs. 7.50 per kg?
A mixture of 70 litres of milk and water contains 10% water. How many litres of water should be added to the mixture so that the mixture contains 12 1/2% water?
All the water in container A which was filled to its brim was poured into two containers B and C. The quantity of water in container B was 62.5% less than the capacity of container A. If 148 liters was now transferred from C to B, then both the containers would have equal quantities of water. What was the initial quantity of water in container A?
Two varieties of wheat – A and B costing Rs. 9 per kg and Rs. 15 per kg were mixed in the ratio 3 : 7. If 5 kg of the mixture is sold at 25% profit, find the profit made?
How many liters of oil at Rs.40 per liter should be mixed with 240 liters of a second variety of oil at Rs.60 per liter so as to get a mixture whose cost is Rs.52 per liter?
In what ratio should two varieties of sugar of Rs.18 per kg and Rs.24 kg be mixed together to get a mixture whose cost is Rs.20 per kg?
A vessel contains 20 liters of a mixture of milk and water in the ratio 3:2. 10 liters of the mixture are removed and replaced with an equal quantity of pure milk. If the process is repeated once more, find the ratio of milk and water in the final mixture obtained?
A mixture of 150 liters of wine and water contains 20% water. How much more water should be added so that water becomes 25% of the new mixture?
Read More Section(Mathematics Quizzes)
Each Section contains maximum 70 questions. To get more questions visit other sections.
- Areas Mcqs - (149)
- Arithmetic Mcqs - (98)
- Average Mcqs - (95)
- Basic Maths Mcqs - (233)
- Boats & Streams Mcqs - (46)
- Compound Interest Mcqs - (100)
- Discount Mcqs - (16)
- Height & Distance Mcqs - (6)
- Interest Mcqs - (32)
- Men Food Mcqs - (24)
- Mensuration Mcqs - (29)
- Mixtures & Allegations Mcqs - (23)
- Odd Man Out Series Mcqs - (50)
- Partnership Mcqs - (45)
- Percentage Mcqs - (167)
- Permutations & Combinations Mcqs - (46)
- Pipes & Cisterns Mcqs - (52)
- Probability Mcqs - (31)
- Problems on LCM & HCF Mcqs - (92)
- Problems on Numbers Mcqs - (8)
- Profit & Loss Mcqs - (145)
- Quantitative MCQs paper 1 - (25)
- Quantitative MCQs paper 2 - (21)
- Quantitative MCQs paper 3 - (25)
- Races & Games Mcqs - (10)
- Ratio & Proportion Mcqs - (47)
- Simple Equations Mcqs - (27)
- Simplification & Approximation Mcqs - (90)
- Stocks & Shares Mcqs - (32)
- Time & Distance Mcqs - (56)
- Time & Work Mcqs - (88)
- Volume & Surface Area Mcqs - (7)
- Volumes Mcqs - (68)