Which fluid is used in hydraulic power systems?
Why is fluid power preferred in mobile vehicles? 1. Power can be transmitted without any delay 2. When overloaded, fluid power systems stop without damaging the components 3. Speed variation cannot be achieved 4. Fluid is non-compressible
What effect does overloading have on fluid power and electrical systems?
How is power transmitted in fluid power systems?
Generally liquids are non-compressible but when a large pressure of 70 bar is applied, petroleum oil can be compressed up to
Can all hydraulic fluids be compressed when extremely large pressure is applied?
The resistance offered to the flow of fluid inside a piston develops into
At low pressures, liquids are
Which of the following statements are false? 1. Pressure is resistance to flow 2. Friction creates pressure 3. Load cannot create pressure on the system 4. The pressure developed decreases if load offers more resistance
In hydraulic systems,
Read More Section(Mechanical Engineering Questions)
Each Section contains maximum 70 questions. To get more questions visit other sections.
- Basic Mechanical Engineering Test - (86)
- Compressors, Gas Turbines & Jet Engines Mcqs - (182)
- Design of Machine Elements - (242)
- Dynamics of Machinery Test Questions - (70)
- Engineering Materials Mcqs - (191)
- Engineering Mechanics Test Questions - (155)
- Fluid Mechanics Test Questions - (226)
- Heat Transfer Questions - (302)
- Hydraulics & Pneumatics Test Questions - (274)
- IC Engines Mcqs - (207)
- Manufacturing Process Questions - (129)
- Material Science Test Questions - (60)
- Mechanical System Design Test Questions - (57)
- Mechatronics Test Questions - (53)
- Metallurgy Test Questions - (60)
- Metrology & Quality Control Test Questions - (133)
- Nuclear Power Plants Mcqs - (91)
- Production Technology Mcqs - (180)
- Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Mcqs - (94)
- Steam Boilers, Engines, Nozzles & Turbines Mcqs - (194)
- Strength of Materials Test Questions - (174)
- Theory of Machines Test Questions - (253)
- Thermodynamics Test Questions - (479)
- Turbo Machines Test Questions - (56)
- Workshop Technology Mcqs - (10)